New York City Premises Liability Lawyer
Manhattan Attorney For Injury On Dangerous Property
As a real estate trial lawyer whose practice frequently takes him into court on claims involving disputes between tenants, landlords and property owners, Joshua Price’s ability to integrate principles of New York real property law into the personal injury side of his practice represents a significant benefit for clients with premises liability claims. Contact The Price Law Firm in Manhattan for dependable advice and energetic advocacy on dangerous property claims ranging from slip-and-fall injury to negligent security. Call (212) 675-1125 for a free consultation.
Premises Liability: The Property Owner’s Obligation
Premises liability is a branch of personal injury law that applies to a property owner’s obligation to keep buildings, parking lots and walkways reasonably safe for residents, retail customers, visitors and anyone passing by. When unsafe property conditions are suspected as the cause of an accidental injury or death, the legal inquiry will usually focus on the negligence of the property owner, who in turn will often argue that the accident was the injured party’s fault.
At The Price Law Firm, clients benefit from our understanding of the relationship between the responsibilities of real estate ownership and negligence liability. This experience helps us with the investigation and proof of claims related to any of the following common premises liability scenarios:
- Slip-and-fall or trip-and-fall injuries
- Blunt-force blows from falling overhead objects
- Structurally unsound building components such as railings, stoops, balconies, floors, stairwells or ceilings
- Hazardous conditions in parking lots, outdoor walkways, yards or common areas
- Accidents in retail premises: stores, restaurants, bars, theaters or other businesses open to the public
- Elevator or escalator accidents
- Property damage claims related to negligent maintenance or repair by the owner
- Negligent security claims
Our close attention to detail in the investigation and proof of premises liability claims can help maximize the value of your lawsuit while anticipating and overcoming the comparative negligence defense that property owners will usually raise.